Gone are the days when you think that web design and development have no relation to search engine optimization. You may have the perception earlier that the SEO activities must start after the Web Development CT delivers the website. However, the concept has been changed completely as you need to start to work for the website ranking from the very beginners.
So, there are some excellent ways in which you can integrate the SEO features right from the design and development step. Every SEO Company Manchester suggests following the SEO integration strategy to get the traffic on the website as quickly as possible.
To implement them, here are the main tips that your web development company must be aware of. But before that, let’s take a look at the importance of SEO knowledge to web developers.
The responsibility of the developers is not only to make the site but also to make it in such a way that it will rank easily in the search engine. We know that SEO can be divided into three categories; on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and technical SEO. Technical SEO is primarily the place for the developers but they can also help in on and off-page SEO as well.
So, here are 8 best practices for web developers that they must follow to get a good result in SEO.
- Clean Code: The web developers are able to do some excellent work but keeping things clean and simple can be more useful sometimes. Today, convenience is the most sought-after thing for web users. The site visitors must get all the information in fewer clicks. So, it is very important to keep the clicks minimum with clean code.
- Faster Load Time: As there are so many other competitors in the business; your potential customers should not wait long to check your website. In order to do so, you have to make the website loading time minimum. Search engines also prefer a website that provides answers to the visitors’ queries quickly and efficiently. Along with that, the loading time is associated with the bounce rate of the website as well.
- Redirection: The World Wide Web is ever-evolving. The contents of the websites are getting updated, new pages are added and old pages are removed on a constant base. It is the developer’s duty to look for the process of updating and make sure that it will do smoothly. At this point in time, you need to check that the redirects are working properly on your website. The use of redirection has a huge effect on SEO and it can be improved by the web developers only.
- Mobile-Friendly: Being a part of the Web Development CT of the present time, it is a blunder not to think of the mobile users. Any website must have to be mobile-friendly. The mobile users hold the maximum number of users so when you prioritize them, Google will also keep you ahead in the race.
- Robot.txt file: According to the robot.txt file, the crawlers check the website. This simple piece of code has a huge impact on search results. You can also hide the contents which may have a bad impact on your search result.